Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Mood Apart

Just back from a brief holiday. Hard to pin things down and capture them in words, and hard to find the motivation to do so this time.

Robert Frost seems appropriate here -

Once down on my knees to growing plants
I prodded the earth with a lazy tool
In time with a medley of sotto chants:
But becoming aware of some boys from school
Who had stopped outside the fence to spy,
I stopped my song and almost heart.
For any eye is an evil eye
That looks in on to a mood apart.

Also, I have lost my copy of The Unbearable Lightness of Being, and I have a BURNING desire to re-read the introduction right now. It's odd, a friend was recently saying how he finds that opening chapter horrific, too painful/true to read. I'm slightly obsessed with it. It's the part where he talks about why lightness is unbearable. Not being grounded, not having anchors of responsibility mooring you. It's nearly three, I can't sleep, and I really need to read it again right now. Damn.

No comments: